Friday, November 16, 2012

Candy cane Oreo Pops!



We made it safe and sound to Indiana! Looking forward to a week of family, fun, baking, Thanksgiving, and craziness. But don't worry...I have lots of stuff already waiting to share with you. This weekend I even have a fun suprise for you guys too ;). 
 
If you follow along with M.B.C. you may remember a few days ago I told you guys that Oreos are not a fav of mine, not that I don't like them just not a fav. (I'm not trying to make enemies or anything ;) ) So I should probably clarify....I'm not a huge fan of regular Oreos...which also probably stems from I don't drink milk. But flavored Oreos are a whole different story. Oreos does a fantastic job of creating all kinds of different flavors, especially seasonal flavors. So when I found Oreos limited edition candy cane Oreos....I knew I had to pair them with Wilton's candy cane candy melts to make some pretty awesome pops. I LOVE both of these seasonal items...and together they are a new fav. Seriously these are dangerously yummy pops....



These limited edition Oreos can be found at Target. I stalked my Target until I finally found a few of them up front by the registers...it doesn't suprise me at all they have a hard time keeping these guys in stock. Maybe I should go stock up before the season is over ;)


These Oreo pops are yet another fast, easy, and really yummy treat. But trust me these aren't just for the kiddos. Of course you can always skip the sticks to make them a little more "gown up".

To make these you will need:
candy cane Oreos
candy cane Wilton candy melts
lollipop sticks
crushed candy cane pieces or sprinkles to decorate

I also placed stripey straws over my sticks to give them even more cuteness.


 Step 1: Line two baking sheets with wax paper. One to prep your pops and one to lay them on to dry.
 
Step 2: Open all of your Oreos up and line them up so they will be ready to go.
 
Step 3: Melt a small amount of candy melts or melting chocolate in a microwave bowl. I used about 2 little candy melts.
 
Step 4: Dip a stick in melted candy melts/chocolate and then press into Oreo center, you will want to gently press the stick into the icing so it doesn't stick up quite so much. Then replace the cookie tops quickly. I generally do this a few at a time so the chocolate doesn't harden.
 
 
Before you move on to melting your candy melts/chocolate make sure your space is clean and organized. I know I say this a lot but I can't stress enough how much this effects your outcome.


Step 5: Melt your candy melts. If you need more info on how to melt chocoalte or candy melts and tips and tricks on dipping in chocolate I have an entire post full here.

 
Step 7: Use a spoon to cover with chocolate then gently tap the stick on the side of the bowl until the bulk of the excess has dripped off.
 

After you lay each pop on the wax paper cover in crushed candy cane pieces or sprinkles. It's important to make sure you do it right after dipping them because the chocolate hardens fast.


To put the fun stripey straws on I pressed the cut in half straws into the still wet chocolate over the stick. Completely optional...but so stinking cute :) Wrap them up in some tiny favor bags and you have the perfect winter treat!
 


 
Check back Sunday for a fun post!
 
With sprinkles, Toni.